Saturday, December 29, 2012

Entrench - Inevitable Decay

Not to fascinated with the album cover to this album, the logo is great but the cover looks bad to me, its way too basic and if I did not know any better I would just pass this up. The production is poor so I am thinking this is a demo release. For old school listeners this will not matter at all. The vocals are good and remind me of early Kreator or Overkill. The drums are very hard to distinguish because the vocals overpower them at times. This band is from Sweden and the album released by Abyss records. The solo in "Into Oblivion" is short but very effective. The beginning of "Portrait of A Phobia" brings my mind back to the old 80's style of intros which I like very much. "Crossing The River" reminds me of some good old Sepultura like Bestial Devastation which I enjoy very much. Overall I really could not find a track on this album that really stood out. Old school thrash metalheads would be sure to like this one

Originally published in Coffinfeeder Distro Zine #6 10-1-2012
coffinfeeder.distro facebook