Friday, August 29, 2014

Sacrificial Blood - Unholy Fucking Hatred

Sacrificial Blood is a three piece band from Long branch NJ. Current members are Mike Keller-Drums/Vokills, Kevin "Arnie" Maull-Guitar, Evan Fishman-Bass.

The album Unholy Fucking Hatred released back in 2011 under Witches Brew. My first impression is raw production and strong song compositions. Definitely old school death metal feeling with elements of thrash metal added. Featuring sixteen tracks, there is much to explore on this opus. Some of these song could be a bit shorter but that's just my opinion. I like the fact that the bass is prominent in the mix plus there are plenty of solos to keep things interesting. Some of the bands I can compare are maybe early Overkill or Entombed. 

The group has several other releases, from EPs to demos since 2003 that are also worth checking out.
Some of the compositions I enjoyed the most from this release are Unholy Wrath, for its catchy verses and Infernal Creation, for the solos that caught my attention. There is also a cool cover of the song Warrior by Riot worth spinning several times. Overall a good listen and I recommend it for old school metal fans to check out this album.
~Artemortifica 

facebook.com-Sacrificial-Blood