Feature Artist Jon Billman exclusive interview

 1) Hello and welcome, please tell our readers a little about yourself? Where are you from? What is your current occupation?

Hello, 

My name is Jon Billman and I currently live in Hainesville, Illinois. I have been a painter for 11 years now. I also play bass in Chicago based bands. Recently I've played with Disinter, The Suffering, Earthen, Cold Bearded Killers, and others. I also work for U.P.S.


2) When did your interest in drawing begin?

My interest in painting began 11 years ago. My friend is a painter and I asked where I could get supplies. The next day I went to Michael's Store and started experimenting with acrylic paint on canvas.



3) Your style of art sometimes features dark and atmospheric themes, is there a point in time when that became your dominant form of art? If so, what band or artist inspired you first?

Much of my art is dark and atmospheric. I have always been influenced by horror movies and album covers from bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, Bathory, Slayer, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, etc. Early Death and Black Metal bands. I paint other things but the dark and evil stuff is probably the most fun.



4) When exactly was the creation of your Art page, how has it helped by promoting your work?

I started my art page shortly after starting painting in 2013. I have sold many through my page and love to hear the feedback on them.



5) How many bands have you done t-shirt/cd cover art for? 

(no album cover art yet)

6) Are you a self thought artist or did you have any teachers? As far as you remember in your early drawing stages have you notice a steady progression in your work? how has your art progressed since that time?

I am self taught. Every painting I would make I would learn something new and try to incorporate what I've learned in the next painting. I have developed a heavily textured mixed media style that I use in most of my paintings.

7) Name some of  your most notable accomplishments? Any big bands that have used your work? Any projects or piece that made an impact?

I have shown my work in many art galleries here in Northern Illinois. I also have pieces hanging in different recording studios across Chicagoland.

8) Name some of the places or blogs that have featured your artwork?

Artemorbid 😆

9) What are your aspiration and goals 2024? What are your current projects?

My goals are to keep painting and hopefully get more attention and opportunities like this one.


10) If any bands/labels/zines etc.. want to get in contact with you, what is the best way to reach you?

If anyone wants to reach me contact me on my Facebook or Instagram pages.

11) Thanks so much for participating in my zine, the last lines are for you, any final thoughts?

Just want to thank everyone who checks out my art and thank you Frank for doing this for all artists everywhere. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm