Grind Art - Glynford Cabarse - Feature artist interview

It is with great pleasure to introduce you to Grind Art artist Mr. Glynford Cabarse



1) Hello and welcome, please tell our readers a little about yourself? Where are you from? What is your current occupation?

Hell-OH brother and to all the good readers \m/! First of all I am an illustrator for underground metal bands and I also work as a guy who screen prints shirts for locals in my area, Basak, Cebu City, Philippines.



2) When did your interest in drawing begin?

I started drawing when I was four to five yrs. old.

3) Your style of art is in grind/metal/brutal/slam, is there a point in time when that became your dominant form of art? If so, what band or artist inspired you first?

The style of my art, I describe it as raw, filthy, blasphemous and brutal art, but as much as possible I really try not to stick with just one style. Until now I still practice, yes, there was a time around 2011 till 2012 were somehow I got stuck in doing this one form of concept which was doing brutal art. A lot of bands inspired me, to name a few, Broken Hope and AUTOPSY, Sir Christoph Moyen and Sir Mark Riddick inspired me in doing black and white artworks since day one of Grind-Art.



4) Since the inception of your Grind Art FB page, how has it helped by promoting your work?

Yes, it really helped me promote my works.

5) How many bands have you done t-shirt art for?

From the start, I think I have made a lot of shirt designs, some of them were held pending art projects for some bands and I think I saw maybe 25 of my shirt designs being printed on shirts and were released by various bands. I also remember making four artworks for four sick events in my area.

Necrotorture

Natal Cleft


6) I became familiar with your work early in 2012 when you did a design for my band Waking Chaos, how has your art progressed since that time?

Doing the art for Waking Chaos was a challenge for me, and I am very honored that you and the guys liked the outcome, since then I really did try and improve my arts detailing in any means possible.

Waking Chaos "Nuncunt" T-shirt design 2012

7) Name some of  your most notable accomplishments? Any big bands that have used your work?

Every band that I have worked with is an accomplishment for me.

Church Burner


8) Name some of the Zines or E-zines that have featured your artwork?

I remember only one which I did the logo for the zine, Fear the Dead to be exact.

9) What are your aspiration and goals 2015? What are your current projects?

My goals for 2015 is to do more CVLT and brutal art projects. My current art projects as of now are an e.p cover for a brutal band in India, making a new logo for Slaughtered Remains, a seal for my hellish brothers, I'll keep them a top secret band, lol, hopefully there will be more.



10) If any bands/labels/zines etc.. want to get in contact with you what is the best way to reach you?

For bands/labels/zines if you guys want some nasty old-school looking artworks just contact me thru my personal account, or message me thru Grind-Arts fb page at the links below

facebook-glynford.cabarse
facebook-rottenlyGRINDART

11) Thanks so much for participating in my zine, the last lines are for you, any final thoughts?

Thank you so much for this sick interview, lol, its my first one. I just wanna put a shout out to all the bands that I've worked with professionally, thanks to all of ya fuckers! much respect to all of ya, and to all the guys the ripped me in the past, good news son, I'll meet ya in hell! 
once again a big thanks Frank. \m/

cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm