Ravager Artworks - Exclusive interview

It is a pleasure to introduce our readers to artist Joe Ravager Romero of Ravager Artworks.



1) Hello and welcome, please tell our readers a little about yourself? Where are you from? What is your current occupation?

My name is Joe Ravager Romero. I was born and raised in southern California, currently living in Northern Utah. Aside from my art and shirts I have a job at a warehouse in general production.

2) When did your interest in drawing begin?

I'm not sure exactly when, but I think I was 3 or 4, I'm kinda blurry on it but I remember watching others do it mainly my sister just doodled toons and I followed after my mom handed me some random pens and paper I did the rest and well I never stopped 
after that it was too much fun.




3) What where some of your favorite comic books as a child?

In my early years it was Superman because we happened to have a few lying around in the house, but definitely Spiderman and Batman. Then, as the years went by, it was more the Punisher, Ghostrider, Spawn and Lobo, stuff like that.




4) You sell your prints at Gweedo's Comics, how did all that come about?

I happened to support the main owner a lot when he started, we became good friends then we realized we both would do the Salt lake city Comicons and the subject of my art came up. He asked if I would be interested in showing him my stuff and then he would buy some prints of the art I would make and sell them.

5) How has the creation of Ravager Artworks Facebook page helped in getting your artwork noticed?

In a lot of ways really. I didn't think it would but after a while Myspace had died for a lot of us and the facebook thing seemed a great leap forward. So far, it has gained me a lot of support through friends of friends and I kind of like it that way. The underground keeps it alive. Without them I'd be no one at all. The bands are another great part of the growth over the years, that and spreading flyers when I could. The flyers were a bigger impact, a friend of mine encouraged me to get them going and pass them out at events, its been a great response.





6) Death and Doom metal are listed as an influence in your work, name some of the most notable bands that helped shape your visions on paper?

As far as both Doom and Deathmetal...DEMILICH, Morgion, (Early) Symptom, Goatlord, Rottrevore, Adramelech, Phantasm, 13, Lord Of Putrefaction, Anatomia, Coffins...a lot more but I'd go on forever, hahaha..

But I love all kinds of older stuff mainly like Carcass, Broken Hope, Cartilage, Xysma, Crematory, Gorguts, Death, Mucupurulent, Blood(Ger), Hellhammer, Motorhead, Autopsy...lots more.



7) How many bands have you done t-shirt art for?

That I know of, Ghoulgotha, Mortuous, Hellcannon, Grave Ritual and Drowning in the Platte...I'm sure there  has been more but the bands forget to fill me in or they never end up using the artwork for a shirt, some are yet to be made but the arts out there.



8) Name some of your biggest accomplishments?

All of the art I've sold in my life mainly, but to be honest, (and I know this is going to sound weird, but) Learning to love myself is the biggest accomplishment as of late. As an artist well knows we can be our own harshest critics and I as an artist have come to know that well. Also Making people happy with my art, seeing a kids reaction in awe and smiles as they look at my art is what motivates me to NEVER quit Art, plus its all I know and am good at, I think. 



9) Name some of the Zines or E-zines that have featured your artwork?

Aside from this...Reborn in Ashes, Aquelarre Zine, Hellish Propaganda...I think there was more too, but I'm not sure if the Arts were ever posted. Embriotomia Zine is still in the works from what I heard last.



10) What are your aspiration and goals 2015? What are your current projects?

My main yearly goal is as always to push myself to my limits but more in my paintings. I haven't painted in quite a few years actually. Just haven't had the time or drive but I will do that and release more shirts with my art. Aside from that, just larger sized projects and hopefully a few collaborations with some artists. I'm always looking to do anything I can in the Artworld.




11) If any bands/labels/zines etc.. want to get in contact with you what is the best way to reach you?

My facebook is my main page so far:
facebook-RavagerArtworks6613

and for those that do not have a facebook for whatever reason my email:
joeravagerwolfman@yahoo.com

12) Thanks so much for participating in my zine, the last lines are for you, any final thoughts?


only one...NUKE EM ALL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm