ColdSteel - American Idle

Veterans at their craft, ColdSteel is pure thrash metal from the New York area. Creating intense metal since 1988 and many lineup changes, this EP is released through Stormspell Records.
It has been twenty years since the last release. Their was a reissue last year but this is all brand new thrash for your ears. The disc begins with the title track American Idle, good production everything is clear and balanced, vocals sound good, reminds me of Sacred Reich. Ashes to Ashes is next, I can hear the guitar work expertise all over this track, really good licks and great sounding guitar, the last riffs in this song show some technical and dynamic attributes which are amazing. Blink of An Eye, metal horns way up for this track, I can see this song being a crowd pleaser at their concerts. Blood Secrets, a very interesting beginning, drummer shows of some killer drumming skills here. You Lose is the final track, as soon as I hear the first riff I start to headbang - very cool track, from the verse to the chorus is a great composition indeed. The only thing I find disappointing is that this is not a full album, after listening to it I felt like I could go for more music by ColdSteel and considering it has been twenty years more would be better, regardless -they are a well rounded band and I will be spinning this album many more times and look forward to their next release.
~Artemortifica

ColdSteel FB
ColdSteel Official




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm