Graveyard - The Altar of Sculpted Skulls

The Graveyard is a death metal band from Spain and was pleasantly surprised by their work with the release of The Altar Of Sculpted Skulls. Despite my initial uncertainty, their latest release showcases some truly exceptional death metal. This band has been active since 2007, and they have released multiple vinyls and CDs throughout their career.

I came across "The Altar of Sculpted Skulls," an album released in 2011 on Pulverised Records. The title track is captivating and reminiscent of bands like Entombed and early Sepultura. The second track, "An Epitaph Written in Blood," has an epic intro that I particularly enjoy, making it my favorite from this CD. It has a classic feel that reminds me of my younger years, and the guitars have a sound similar to Dismember, which I adore.

The next track on the album is called "Deathcrowned". It starts off fast and furious, with a memorable guitar solo that stays with you. The vocals remind me of Sepultura's "Schizophrenia" album at times, which is a good thing. "Call of the Shadows" is an instrumental track, and it's amazing especially the solo - it's very well done. "Ritual" had me headbanging from the first riff - it's a very good track. The final track on the album is "Howl of the Black Death", which isn't as strong as the other tracks, but still captures the band's sound.

This band has performed at numerous shows and is highly active in the Spanish music scene. I hope they have the opportunity to perform in the United States someday. You can view their complete history on Graveyard Bandcamp. Please show your support by liking their Facebook page.  Graveyard facebook




An update 2023. As part of my curating and refining this site, I have made a few adjustments here. Rewrote a few words while maintaining the original article. I have also researched and figured out that there are two Graveyard bands, at least one more that is not a death act. The Graveyard here is the Death Metal one from Spain. I also have to make note that they are now on a new release titled Hold Back The Dawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm