Cryptopsy is a four piece band consisting of; Flo Mounier: Drums/Vocals, Chris Donaldson: Guitar, Matt McGachy: Lead Vocals, Olivier Pinard: Bass Guitar. Genre described as Extreme Technical Death Metal. Band origin Montréal, Québec. The Book of Suffering Tome 1 EP self released on October 30th 2015. My first thoughts, this new EP rips your skin apart, no doubt about it. A bit of history, back in 1994 when the first album Blasphemy Made Flesh reached my hands, I became an instant fan. I would play the shit out of it every chance I got. Then came "None So Vile", and it completely blew my mind. To be completely honest here, I stop listening to the band after those two albums, no real specific reason, I think that those two albums were plenty for me. I might have heard a song or two from the albums in between but nothing that really stayed with me. Fast forward to May 2015. I got an opportunity to see Cryptopsy live in concert. What an impressive set they played ...
Comments
Post a Comment