Exclusive interview with Rodtgod and Graveside Service EP

 1-Hello and welcome to Metal Music Midwest, first off, thanks for taking the time to do the interview, could you give our readers a brief description of the project? Where is it from?

Hello! Thanks for having me. Rodtgod was founded to recycle leftovers from other projects and bands. After a couple of years I had so much of those that I thougt I’d try to glue it all together. Et volà! 

2- “Graveside Service” is your upcoming EP, how long did it take to compose it?

Roughly a month. Couple of weeks give or take. The lyrics always come first and those are usually a matter of an hour each. If it feels right, I jot it down and then check what fits musically. This was the first material I didn’t originally intend for any other band I was involved, so it took a bit more time to finish it, but it went surprisingly smooth. I think I found a good working process though this. I will only record “new” material from here on. So I can use a streamlined process like that!

3- What musical influences inspired the songwriting?

Not sure how to answer that. I listen to all kinds of music from crust punk to Jazz. While I don’t think there’s any of that in the Ep, I’m sure I incorporated bits and pieces from throughout my musical journey. But no specific artist comes to mind here. Listening to music to find inspiration doesn’t work for me. I need visual cues, like pictures, reading and so on. If you find any similarities to other artists, it would be interesting to know which. Nobody ever tells me, haha.

4- When the project started? Can you tells us more?

I recorded the first demos in 2016. You could say that it took form from there on. I mean it took another couple of years to get the first record out, but since I wanted to do it all on my own I needed the time to learn at least some basics so I could release something that didn’t sound like a broken toaster. As said, the first albums where made up of compositions intended for other bands. At least big parts of the past records where conceived that way. Took a while until I saw that it developed it’s own dynamic.

5- The EP title is “Graveside Service”, can you give us details about the content and more in depth meaning to this title?

I wanted it to be like a eulogy at a funeral for someone who has lived a long and adventurous live. With all the failures and feelings one might have experienced. That person being us humans. Leaving behind a map of why life is the way it is and maybe a hint of what can be done to change that. I’m positive that most listeners don’t have that kind of issue on their mind but for them it is hopefully at least some good music.

6- Have you performed any shows in your area? If so, how receptive and supportive are the people to your music?

Not with this project. Probably never will. For now, this is purely for my recording-hobby and, most of all, the songwriting. That is what I enjoy most in music. I like playing live but I consider myself more the writing and recording guy.

7- Are there any upcoming shows or tours you can tell us about?

Nope, I don’t do those, but thanks :D

8- Thanks for your participation, finally, what is the best way to get a hold of the band, in case someone wants to book or promote you? Any final words?

Ye’ good ol’ bandcamp I would say: Music | RodtGod (bandcamp.com)

But I also try to feed Insta: instagram.com/rodtgodofficial

and Facebook: facebook.com/RodtGodOfficial

 …whenever I get to it. There’s a youtube channel for the music videos: https://www.youtube.com/@rodtgod

Knock yourself out. Thanks for having me and greetings to all readers. 

That being said, don’t worry and have a great time!

Music and band promotion visit https://www.themetallistpr.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm