Seraphina Fiero - Feature model #20 3/2013

Introducing Seraphina Fiero; fine artist, bellydancer, burlesque performer, and alternative model.


JLD Imagery - Photography by Jessica L Drake


1- What inspired you to do modeling? Was there a point early in you life that sparked your interest?
I didn't begin modeling until after I turned 30. When I was younger I never really had much exposure to the world of modeling, and certainly didn't have the confidence to think I could be a part of it. When I was in my late 20's I attended art school and spent hours in the life drawing studio. I loved human form and the strength and grace the models had. During this time I was also taking an average of 6-8 hours of dance lessons a week. The combination of learning how to have body control and studying classical poses became my gateway drug into modeling. I wanted to look like the marble statues I studied in art history, I wanted to become a living work of art. A few years later I became a full time belly-dancer and burlesque performer. I started making all my own costumes, props, headpieces, and jewelry. All of this along with a flair for the dramatic gave me the idea that I should give modeling a try. The rest is history.

2- Bellydancing and Burslesque are part of your style, was there an event or moment that made you decide on this style?
From a young age I thought bellydance was the most beautiful, exotic, and mysterious dance form I'd ever seen. These women were goddesses: strong, skilled, and beautiful. They moved their bodies in ways that most did not, it was sensual and radical all at the same time. I reached a time in my life where I wanted to pursue all the things I always wanted to but never did. Bellydance was at the top of my list and I immersed myself in it. I was exposed to burlesque at a show I was bellydancing in, I saw Iva Handfull for the first time and she turned my world upside down. I wanted to know what in the world this crazy, sexy, awesome art form was. It wasn't long until I was making my first pair of pasties and wanting to take it all off. My style has evolved into a mix of the two, sometimes I keep them separate and sometimes I don't. I have an enormous love for both and don't ever want to choose between the two.  My style is not conventional at all. It's very radical and contains a mish mash of my fine art, bellydance, burlesque, goth aesthetic, nerdery, and my own rebellious nature.



Drumroll Studios


3- Name some of your favorite music or bands? 
My musical tastes are very eclectic. Some of my favorites are 90's Haujobb and NIN, Snog, Moonspell, Blut Aus Nord, Rage Against the Machine, Massive Attack, older Juno Reactor, Puscifer, Pigface, Iron Maiden, Ministry, Moth Equals, Tool, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, and Ulver.


Wittypixel Photography


4- Name some of your accomplishments or highlights of your career so far? 
I have become a professional performer, I teach dance out of my home, taught myself how to costume, performed out of state every year including Tribal Fest in California and the Windy City Burlesque Festival in Chicago, became a member of Stripped Screw Burlesque, performed at venues all over Seattle, and have embarked in modeling all in a few years. I have had the pleasure of modeling for POC Photography, Drumroll Studios, WittyPixel Photography, JLD Images, and Meneldor Photography.

5- Do you enjoy regular photoshoots? or ones where you get to play a character?
I try to have as many photoshoots as possible! I love being in front of the lens, and I'm always at no shortage for ideas for photoshoots. I especially like it when I get to play a certain character, or have a specific feel or mood to the shoot. Some of my favorite costumes to wear are video-game and sci-fi based. I have been a nerd and gamer for most of my life; it's always a challenge to see how creative I can get with the costuming and photoshoots to do the characters justice. 

6- What other interest do you have besides modeling?
I enjoy nature, activism, fire dancing, and other hippie pastimes. I also love to cook, and can be found making delectable edibles in the kitchen. I've also been told my curry is bomb.


POC Photo


7- Are there any significant projects or events you are looking forward to in the coming months?
I have some new and very edgy photoshoots planned with Meneldor Photography; one involving a mowhawk made of knives that I am designing. Also, an experimental outdoor photoshoot with WittyPixel Photography. My burlesque troupe Stripped Screw Burlesque has amazing shows planned all year long and I also have a two-woman show planned with the fabulous Iva Handfull in the fall.


Photo by POC


8- If someone is interested in hiring you (modeling agency, bands, producers, etc..) where is the best place to get a hold of you?

Find me on Facebook and check out some of my pictures, videos, and other tidbits: facebook.com/seraphinadance. Or via email: seraphinafiero@gmail.com.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exclusive interview with the band After Infinity and their upcoming release A Game Of Chess

Exclusive interview with Spektrvm